Every day should be a cake day!
A few ingredients, 2 minutes of time and a microwave. That’s all you need to make every day a cake day. #LIVINGTHELIFE
This strawberry mug cake recipe is super simple, packed with protein and suspiciously low in sugar. While the deliciously creamy Oats and Whey powder provides the majority of the protein content in the dish, the natural greek yogurt provides an extra creamy punch with a lovely tartness that helps to brighten up the recipe.
While the recipe we’ve come up with makes a spectacular low sugar cake, there’s nothing stopping you using sugar instead of baking stevia but bear in mind the calorie count will increase ALOT.
- 4tsbps almond flour
- 3 tbsps baking stevia
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Scoop of Oatein Oats & Whey Strawberry Protein Powder
- 2 tsbps 0% Fat Natural Greek Yogurt
- 2 Eggs (Whites)
- 3 tsbps Unsweetened almond milk
- 5 Strawberries
- 1 tsbp Baking Stevia
For the Cake
- Mix the flour, stevia, baking powder and Oats & Whey Together Thoroughly
- Add 1 tbsp yogurt, egg whites and almond milk
- Whisk together until the mix turns into a thick cake mix.
- Spoon into a mug and pat down. Don’t worry about compacting it too much, it wants space to breathe!
- Microwave for 2 minutes
For the Sauce
While your cake is in the microwave, it’s time to make the sauce.
- Cut up 4 strawberries
- Add stevia
- Mash Together with a spoon
Bringing it all together
- Turn the mug upside down onto a plate, if it doesn’t pop out straight away, give the mug a few friendly taps on the base.
- Spoon the remaining yogurt onto the cake (feel free to double up if you’re feeling a bit rebellious).
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the yogurt and cake.
- Pop a big strawberry on top.