Halal SelectionSubscribe to RSS Feed
HALAL CERTIFIED PROTEIN
At Oatein we value all of our customers, and try to meet the nutritional needs of as broad an audience as possible. That’s why we’ve worked with the Halal Trust to independently audit and certify Oatein products as being halal.
Is Whey Protein Halal?
Whey protein (and other protein types) is an important tool in dieting and increasing protein synthesis (building muscle). However there is some debate over whether whey protein is halal.
There are a number of reasons why Whey Protein or protein bars might be considered haram. While we’re not going to delve in the exact specifics (we don’t feel like we’re experts on what is or what isn’t halal or haram) here is an rough outline.
- Rennet/Pepsin - Rennet is an organic enzyme derived from the stomachs of calves and goats. Pepsin is a similar enzyme that originates in pigs. Rennet is sometimes used in the production of whey to curdle the milk. Oatein whey is produced using artificial enzymes which avoids this issue entirely.
Use of alcohol in the production process - No, Oatein bars won’t get you drunk, and no they don’t contain booze! Alcohol is sometimes used in producing whey or protein bars to neutralise off-flavours. It’s removed completely after this process and doesn’t exist in the product afterwards.
|The following Oatein products have received their halal Certification by the Halal Trust|
|Oatein Cookie - All Flavours||Oatein Flapjacks - All Flavours|
|Oatein Brownie - All Flavours||Oatein Low Sugar Protein Bar - All flavours|
|Oatein Oats and Whey Protein - All Flavours||Oatein Low Sugar Flapjacks|
Oatein Halal Range
- HYPE Bar Taster Box (20 x 60g)Our flagship Low Sugar Protein Bar. All of the deliciousness, light on calories! The Hype Protein Bar rocks a creamy, soft texture, rich taste and come in at under 195 calories per bar. 18g of protein Under 2g of Sugar Vegetarian Friendly£25.00
- Oatein Low Sugar Flapjack - (12 x 70g)The Original Oatein Protein Oat Bake Treat. Even Better. Choc-full of toasted oats and available in five scrumptious flavours our Low Sugar Protein flapjacks are the perfect guilt-free snack when you don’t have time for a big breakfast or need a pick-me-up the get you through your next workout or adventure!£14.95
- Oatein Millionaire Crunch - (12 x 58g)It's time to feel like a Millionaire. #ONEINAMILLION Cheat, not cheat? Utterly decadent, the Millionaire Crunch is the perfect guilt-free, low-sugar, vegan delight! Zero/Low Sugar 15g of Protein Gluten-Free Vegan (2 Flavours vegan, 2 flavours vegetarian) Packed with low-GI Oats for all day energy£17.99
- Oatein Oats & Whey Protein – 2.2kgOats and Protein, it’s kinda our thing. A creamy blend of oats and premium grade whey protein. Nomnom Each 75g serving gives you 25g of muscle-building protein, helping you to build lean muscle mass. Whether you’re making a quick shake - perfect after your workout; adding to your breakfast on a morning or even baking - each of the three flavours have a delicious, creamy taste and texture thanks to the healthy mix of quality oats and whey.£29.99
- Oatein Brownie - (15 x 60g)Is there anything better than a Brownie? How about an Oatein Brownie. Thought so. Packed full of delicious, nutritious oats, each brownie contains 17g of Protein and around 4g of sugar making it the perfect healthy alternative to your typical supermarket treat. Here’s a top trick from the team here at Oatein - we think our brownies are even better after 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Give them a quick blast and enjoy the ultimate creamy, guilt-free snack. The perfect way to treat yourself after smashing it at the gym, on the bike or after exercise.£12.95