If you don’t have a Cherry Bakewell sundae on a Sunday what even is life?
Thanks to @Hannahbakescakes for this scrumptious Sunday treat. Don’t forget to take a look at her incredible cake creations!
- A handful of flaked Almonds
- Almond Extract
- 4 big dollops of Greek Yoghurt (or more if you think you deserve it!)
- Oatein Cherry Bakewell Flapjack
- 2-3 tbsp Cherry Jam
- Cherry to Garnish
- Toast the almonds
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Spread almonds in a single layer on baking paper.
Bake for 3-4 minutes.
Check almonds, shake pan to spread the almonds, keep cooking for a minute or two extra if you want a little more colour.
Remove from oven and immediately pour onto a plate or platter where they can cool in a single layer. If left on the cookie sheet or in a pile, the almonds will continue to brown.
- You can also fry almond flakes on a low flame to achieve a similar affect, make sure not to burn them! 🙂
- While the almonds are baking, stir in a few drops of almond extract into the Greek yoghurt.
- Dollop some into the bottom of your glass
- Crumble in an oatein cherry bakewell flapjack with some of your toasted almonds.
- Next, spoon a layer of cherry jam over the yoghurt.
- Add another layer of yoghurt.
- Add more crumbled flapjack & toasted almonds
- Add a final teaspoon of cherry jam and garnish with a cherry.