This one might be my favourite. All respect to you peanutters, but I’m team strawberry through and through.
The oats and banana combo give the Smasher a brilliantly thick texture that’s hard to beat and it’s jam packed with goodness. Low GI-Carbs, high in protein and rich in a range of antioxidants and vitamins. What more could you want?
I love big fruity smoothies like this one. They’re a great way to increase your protein intake without it feeling like effort. This one contains all of the essential amino acids needed for recovery in the protein powder, but you also get a chunk more in the oats, not to mention the plentiful vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
It’s a pretty flexible recipe too, popping a frozen strawberry or 10 into the blender will give a satisfying natural tartness. The fibre in the oats (and Oats & Whey) will stop the sugars in the fruit digesting too quickly and skyrocketing your blood sugars which is important for weight loss.
- 45g of rolled oats
- 240ml of milk (dairy or almond works best!)
- 1 large sliced banana (Freezing the night before can help it thicken up the smoothie)
- 2 Scoops of Oatein Strawberries and Cream Oats and Whey Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or agave
- Half an Oatein Low Sugar Protein Bar (Any flavour, but White Choc works best!)
- (Optional) Squirt of Cream or strawberries
- Pour the milk, honey and protein powder into a blender, followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Blend together until smooth and deliciously creamy.
- Decant into glass. Stick in half an Oatein Bar. White Choc and Strawberry is the obvious choice!
- If the texture is a touch too thick don’t be afraid to add more milk until you’ve got the desired thickness (too thick!?)
- For a healthier topping slot a strawberry on the rim on your smoothie glass
- If you’re feeling cheeky squirt a mountain of whipped cream on top (Note - This option is NOT healthy!)